Friday, March 18, 2011

Sand Patterns

Well, I lied about no more posts until we get back from our trip to the eastern Algarve. I decided to add another post today.
When I went to the beach this morning around 7 am, a bit past sunrise, the sky was cloudless and the tide was lower than I have ever seen it. And there were intricate and beautiful patterns in the sand left by the receding water.
So, I took a bunch of photos of these patterns. Because the sun was low there are lots of shadows and sunlit ridges which I think are interesting. A few samples are included here.

Just a reminder that you can see a slightly larger version of any photo by clicking on it.

Today is a beautiful day, full sun and temperatures just above 20 C.
Tomorrow we are off on our day trip to the eastern Algarve and the weather guessers are predicting a similar day with sun and temperature around 21 C.
Should be lots of opportunities for good photos tomorrow, so info and photos for the blog when we return.

1 comment: