Friday, March 4, 2011

A particularly cool day in Albufeira

Well, this morning was pretty much Ontario weather - I stepped out on our balcony and it was so cold I slipped on the ice :-)

Not really but it was definitely cold - probably about 6 or 7 C with dark heavy clouds on all sides but the east. Rain was predicted but none so far and after noon the clouds drifted off leaving us with sun and about 15 C mid afternoon.

In spite of the cold I did go to the beach this morning but with the cold and the fact that I am stuck in a rut on beach photos I took only a few. You can see from at least a couple of them that I am desperate enough to resort to trickery.

As usual, click on any photo to see a slightly larger version.
This is a sunrise photo from this morning - not especially nice but it gives some idea of the dark clouds moving to the east, soon to obliterate the sun but -
not before I took this photo of the beach and the dark clouds in the west and south.

As you can see, the beach was beautifully smooth and pristine looking - left that way by the receding tide and the fact that the cool and somewhat threatening weather delayed the morning fishermen, walkers and joggers.
There was this fellow out on the rocks harvesting something. I'm not sure what but likely some unsuspecting ocean creature to be used for fishing bait.
The sunset photo with the jet trail is from a few days ago.
There is a prize if you guess what the last tow photos are.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Gorgeous pictures. The one of the man on the rocks looks like an oil painting.

    ReplyDelete