Thursday, March 3, 2011

More beach


Did I mention that we go to the beach?

"Our place" is about a 3 or 4 minute walk to the beach so we do go there from time to time.

I am often there at around 7 am when the sun is coming up and around 6 pm when it is setting to take advantage of the morning and evening light.

And, of course, when the tide is low we go to old town on the beach.
So, not surprisingly, there will be lots of photos on this blog that involve the beach in one way or another.

I have a wide angle lens that I haven't used often partly because I don't really know how to use it.

Yesterday it occurred to me that the beach, especially at low tide, might offer some interesting possibilities. So, last evening and this morning I tried a few photos using the wide angle lens. Here are the ones that I like the most.

Click on any of these photos to see a slightly larger version.







You will note a certain amount of similarity in some of these - part of experimenting with the light and exposure.

1 comment:

  1. love the beach shots
    on the 2nd picture is that your shadow ?
    pretty tall huh ?

    ReplyDelete