Thursday, March 15, 2012

Light and shadows

Well, we are all set for our trip to Évora next Tuesday and Wednesday. We are looking forward to this trip which we will do on our own. By express bus it is about 3 hours from Albufeira. Hopefully, some stories and good photos when we return.

Remember to click on the photos to see a larger version - if you can use full screen that would give you an even better view.
When we are travelling the trip is both enjoyable and provides new stories and photos but when relaxing around Albufeira I like to have a small photography project or two to keep me out of trouble.
For example, in past years I have done the chimney pots, street signs, azulejos, etc, and sunsets and sunrises are always on the list. At the moment I am interested in learning more about light and shadows/silhouettes in photographs. Here are a few of my recent efforts.

Most of these were made right around our apartment on the way to or from the beach.
Except this one which is one of the houses across the street above us, about 3 minutes from our apartment.
Some will recognize these silhouettes as chimney pots that I have photographed previously.
Another perspective on one of the above chimney pots made in the morning on the way back from the beach.
This is similar to a photo I posted earlier - just a slightly different view made on a different day. Again, taken in the morning when the light is the best, I think.
A sunrise I know, but I like it as part of my light and shadows/silhouette photos.

There could be more of these in a later post, we'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. actually grandpa i think the one of the stairs qualifies as a study of light and shadows quite well. not that i am an expert on photography, but i find the contrast in it to be quite striking. i'd say its one of my favourites!

    ReplyDelete