Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sunday - a day of rest

Remember, to see a larger version of any photo, click on it.

Well, what can I say - another fantastic day!
I started it at the beach just before sunrise and this time I was not alone. There up on the breakwater was a fisherman. One sees them often on the beach and sometimes up on the cliffs, so no great surprise to see someone on the breakwater. I made a lot of photos of him but will spare you the rest - I think this is the best of them


After breakfast and doing some washing - perfect day for hanging clothes out to dry - we walked to the bakery to replenish our supply of pão and pastry. On the way we finally paid attention to the flowers that are in bloom along the route to the bakery.
I think the reds here are bougainvillia which are growing along a balcony less than a block from our apartment. I hadn't noticed these before so not sure if they have just appeared - I think it more likely that I didn't notice them.

Not sure about these yellow ones which are on a route from the bakery that we haven't taken before.
But these are definitely poinsettias.

And, I finished my outdoor day at the beach. It was a wonderful evening leading up to sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment