Sunday, August 10, 2008

Visit with our grand daughter, Candra.





Last week we had a wonderful two day visit with Candra Marr, our grand daughter from New Westminster. We were very happy and fortunate that she came to spend two days with us during her short vacation, though, for us, the visit was too short.

Candra is the first to stay in our new sleeping cabin!

Ruth met her for the first time and they found several areas of common interest.

The weather was excellent so we were able to do a bit of kayaking and swimming and had good food and lots of interesting conversation - it was great getting to know her better. The time went much too quickly, but we have talked about another visit next summer, hopefully a bit longer.

Unfortunately, my camera settings got changed so only a couple of pictures of Candra are salvageable.

The young deer in the last photo suddenly appeared across the bay while we were sitting at the dock.

Candra took several pictures so hopefully she will share them when she has time so that I can post a few more pictures of her visit on the blog.

1 comment:

  1. I thought you might appreciate this type of communication, since you were kvetching the other day about nobody commenting on your blogs.
    Glad to see that the weather was good for yu; it has been awful down here, with rain and cloud most of the time. Today is sunny for the first time in forever, it seems.
    I went in to the Tilley sale the other day, and bought much more than I thought I would. Hopefully I will wear it all.
    Cheers. I'll be in touch.

    ReplyDelete