Monday, June 23, 2008

Gazebo rafters






Time to cut and install the curved rafters for the gazebo.
Once the cutting method was worked out, it went quite smoothly. The constraints imposed by the width of the wood meant that the roof would not be quite as high as originally intended, but this turned out to be much better.
Installing the rafters also went extremely well and as you will see in the photos, Rick has designed and Rick and Ron have built a unique and, I think, beautiful gazebo in a perfect location. I think it will be an object of discussion among neighbors and boaters passing by.
Some of the photos are not great as they were taken through the upstairs window which hasn't been cleaned in 20 years.
More later.

3 comments:

  1. Looks great.Am I right that this is the area where the picnic bench used to be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, just a little south from it - the picnic table is still there and can be seen in some of the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really informative blog post here my friend. I just wanted to comment & say keep up the quality work. I’ve bookmarked your blog just now and I’ll be back to read more in the future my friend! Also well-chosen colors on the theme it goes well with the blog in my modest opinion :)

    ReplyDelete