Monday, April 2, 2012

Light and shade - again

Well, this will almost certainly be the last blog post before we leave. Tuesday evening we will eat at our favourite nearby restaurant, A Concha, and the rest of the time before an early bedtime will be last minute packing - we will be picked up by the airport bus at 5:20 am Wednesday for a 9:15 flight.
I am ready to be at home and am looking forward to seeing everyone - that is, everyone that I can.

So, no educational stuff or theories about the mysterious shell game in this post. It's back to some of my light and shade efforts so essentially photos with little or no commentary.

The above is an early morning image of part of the back of the first floor area of our apartment hotel.

And this was taken from our balcony.



Again, click on any photo to see a larger version.
One morning when the sunrise light was especially golden and, in this case, shining on some slightly pinkish chimney pots at the apartment hotel close to us.



Lots of straight lines and angles in this very white building in the morning sun.


A house about 3 or 4 blocks from our place. This image was made in the late afternoon getting close to sunset.

More straight lines and sharp angles. This is a different view of a house that I showed in my earlier light and shadows post. Do you recognize it?

I have shown some variation of this building in the past, but not sure where on the blog. It is a view of the apartment balconies of our apartment hotel building. All of these face the ocean and, if you are on the 4th (as we are) or 5th floor, you have a great view of the ocean.
The front of what I think is like a duplex at the corner just under a block from our place.

Another of my growing chimney pot collection. I was very lucky to get this image. I noticed it completely by chance one evening when I was walking back from the beach.

Well, I think this is the end of another year of blogging from Portugal, but I have been wrong before.

Good night.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you are wrong .... You have some other lovely light and shadow images you could offer tonight ... Now that you are all packed ... Just a suggestion!!

    ReplyDelete